Wednesday, December 9, 2009

As I was looking through my new year's resolutions from last year I noticed one of them was to become a better cook. Unfortunately that is one that I have not accomplished yet, sooooo last week I began thinking I should do something about it! I am thinking about taking some cooking classes, but I thought I should really just learn some basics. Elissa asked me last week why I never cook turkeys. I told her we really only have them on special occasions. Oh and also...I have never cooked a turkey. I was relaying this conversation to my mom later that day and she suggested I try it, so I can add it to my "repertoire," which I thought was kind of funny, seeing as how I don't really have a cooking repertoire. Anyway, fast forward to later that night. The opportunity came up for me to host a dinner, a tacky Christmas dinner at that, where we all get to dress up in our most uber tacky Christmas attire. So I volunteered to cook a turkey!

So it is in the oven as I type this. There are a few things I have learned so far about cooking turkeys.

1. Giblets are GROSS! Especially having to stick my hand into a birds body and pull them out! Ewwww!

2. It is important to know which way is "breast up" I apparently don't know the difference and guessed, which turned out to be the wrong way... ooops, anyway, I flipped it

3. these suckers are time consuming!

4. Since the bird is still cooking I don't have anything else to add, but I probably will. I may even snap a pic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment