Sunday, December 13, 2009

The busyness of it all

This past week I feel as though I have been caught up in a a whirlwind of activities. And although I love being busy and having things to look forward to, I also crave quiet and solitude. As a new week begins, I am going to challenge myself to steal away some moments and reflect. Reflect on who I am and who I want to be. I am tempted to take my camera and my journal and just drive. Drive for an hour into the middle of no where and see where I end up.

This will be our sixth Christmas here in Auguston. So much has changed, and although I do not ever wish to go back to that time, I do know that life was much simpler. I used to think I knew what I wanted in life, now I am not so sure. All I know is we have to live each day as if it were our last.

Here is a pic I dug up of us at the tree farm our first year here.




No comments:

Post a Comment