Friday, April 8, 2011

Dreaming

It's been a while since my last post.
I was challenged this weekend to search my heart and to really think and pray about what my dreams are.
I love photography. I love capturing children's different life stages and all the personality that goes with them. I also have a passion for our church. It is going through some major changes and I feel the desire to be part of it. I am not sure what this looks like, but I will trust God to lead me.
So as of May 1st, I will no longer be shooting maternity, newborns, events, head shots, and a very limited number of families. I want to focus on children between the ages of 6 months and 18yrs, for that is what I love.
I also want to free up more time for ministry in our church, whatever that may look like.
I am thinking of combining this blog with my business blog, as I want my business blog to be about my whole life, not just the "business" end of it. I want to be real with my clients and readers and have them choose me as a photographer because they feel like the actually "know" me a bit.
Thank you for following this blog and all the blog love I've received!

Much love,
Larajane

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lara! These kinds of decisions never come easy and I'm sure you've put a lot of thought and prayer into it. I also know that you'll be better for it. Following the promptings that God lays on your heart is always rewarding, though sometimes not in the ways that we earthlings imagine.

    Not everyone will agree with your decision but you can always rest in the fact that you are taking this step because of Christs leading in your life and with that - you can never go wrong.

    I'm so glad you've decided to take these steps. You are an amazing woman.

    Um...can my family be one of the limited's? (kidding!!) (sort of)

    ReplyDelete