Friday, March 25, 2011

Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda

Oh can you feel it? Can you smell it? Spring is finally here! My little crocus's are in full bloom with my brilliantly yellow daffodils just about to blossom into a bright and cheery array of colour.

This last week I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning. It feels so great to open the windows, hang out the floor mats and get rid of all the stuff that has somehow found it's way into the corners of my house.

I've taken on a few small painting projects that include a mirror, end table, and my big kitchen table. Joel was cool with all of it except the big table, oops, he thinks it's too contrasty, I think he'll get used to it!

So today I was in Chapters and I stumbled upon this gem of a book called Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda. This book is filled with ways to use these products to clean our houses! So I though it would be fun for me to post everyday for the next two weeks, different ways to use these fab four products!

So for today I thought I would start with

Long Life Flower Water
1 quart of warm water
3 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP vinegar

This little recipe will keep your flowers beautiful and healthy for longer!

much love
larajane


No comments:

Post a Comment