Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Love...

This is a total random post, but I actually thought about posting it on my other blog, but realized I didn't have any kick a** pictures to go with it... so it's here. I am trying to be more "me" on my business blog, but I always hesitate, I hate feeling vulnerable. Anyway back to my "I love" post.

Today I:

* loved watching Elissa interact with a boy during her swimming lesson. I was sitting across the pool from her and I have no idea what they were talking about, but I found it so interesting watching her body langauge. They were standing on the edge of the pool waiting to jump in and I could see this boy looking and talking to her. (He's older btw, and quite a bit taller than her) I could tell she was talking back to him, she had a big smile on her face, but she would NOT make eye contact. She would look into the pool or somewhere else. She also kept tucking her hair behind her ears and fidgeting with her hands. Soooo cute! Also kinda scary seeing as how boys in the not so distance future will be looking at her in a different way. Eeeeeks, God help me.

* loved making rice krispie squares with the kiddos. First of all I had forgotten how much I LOVE these little treats, and second of all it was fun just hangin' out and chatting with the kids in the kitchen about their days. They seem so grown up all of a sudden.

* loved wearing real lipstick. Yep, that's right, real lipstick. For years and years and years, I have been a fruity lip gloss kind of girl. I have not bought real lipstick since my addiction to "Toast of New York" lipstick when I was a teen. But the other day I was thinking that every now and then I like to be girly, like really girly so I actually bought real lipstick. This is good quality stuff too. When I put it on, it reminds me of the Merle Norman lipstick my mom would always wear when I was a kid and I would sneak into her bathroom and put it on. It smells just like it. I think I just matured a little more today by wearing this.

Alright, y'all probably think I'm nuts, but those are my ramblings for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment