Monday, March 1, 2010

Aaaand, it's over

The Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics are now done.
Life can now return to normal.
It was a great couple of weeks. Very exciting times for us Canadians. I enjoyed introducing my children to the different sports and thought it was neat watching Elissa get so excited about watching figure skating. I was about her age when I started figure skating and she somehow dug up some of my old skating outfits and has been wearing them around!

Yesterday I had planned a longer run. I was going to try and do 13 or 14 kms. But this funny little game of hockey seemed to be getting in the way. There was a big hockey/birthday party going on at the in-laws so time was slowly closing in on me. I ducked out of church early and left for my run. Joel and I agreed that 10 kms would be a good compromise; still giving us time to watch part of the game at his parents place. I missed the first period, but as I was running through a subdivision I heard an eruption of cheers coming from many different houses at once. Canada had scored. It was very cool. I got home, quickly showered, and we were off. The men were watching downstairs, the women upstairs. We had Brooke. Our American sister. Crazy girl was going for the US. Deep down she wanted Canada to win, but she was really hoping the US would tie it up, just to make it more interesting. As we all know, they did. And it certainly did get more interesting. We all know the end result. It was a great goal. Driving home last night we had to go through town to pick up something from Joel's work. It was CRAZY! Everyone was on the streets waving flags, cheering, and honking horns. It was really neat.

We did well as a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment