Thursday, May 20, 2010

runnin

So after a pitiful run on Sunday and a couple of days off to recoup, I decided that I needed to head out last night for another go. Yesterday was an emotional day... to many reasons to list. I was all ready to go at 5:30 (when J is supposed to be home) so I could be back in time to shower before company came. Well, he was 15 mins. late, which is normally not a big deal, but when you're watching the clock and know you have to get 8 ks in it becomes a little infuriating.
So with my emotional day, frustration towards J for being late and a bit of a caffeine high, I ended up having one of my best runs ever. It was warm out and the rain was coming down hard. At some points I felt like I was crying, but I don't know if I actually was because of the rain falling on my face, it was great. Really, really great. I felt like I ran all of my anger, sadness, frustration, and everything else negative in me right out. It was a very cleansing run. It is often how I feel after a hot yoga class, which I haven't been to in a week.
Anyway, all is well. The sun is back out shining and I am off to t-ball with the kiddos!
Life is good and feel so blessed.
much love,
lara

No comments:

Post a Comment