Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with today's events, so I guess I'll start at the beginning.
I awoke early to the beautiful sunlight coming in through my window and thought that since I had so much to do today that maybe I should get up and get my run out of the way. So at 7:00 I strapped on my runners and headed out. It was amazing out. So peaceful and serene. As I started going I found my chest to be rather tight and my sinuses somewhat congested. As I headed into about my fourth km I realized things weren't getting any better, if anything my chest felt tighter and my legs were like bricks. Sadly I didn't make it much further. I don't usually have bad allergies, but today they were killing me. I came home got the kiddos ready for school and dropped them off.
I came home, downed my coffee and headed out to buy some weights for boot camp. Came home and proceeded to try and assemble a trampoline. With my neighbours help I got it all together by the time it was time to pick up Connor. I made lunch, returned some calls and e-mails and got ready to head out for a big shoot in West Vancouver. I left around 1:00 and found myself sitting in a parking lot after the Port Mann because of an overturned semi. I sat for over an hour not moving. Now in the past driving to Vancouver has always caused me some anxiety, not sure why, but in the last year I have learned to love this drive. It gives me time to think. And, think I did. A lot. Finally I got past the accident and made it to my shoot with only being 15 minutes late. Brooke and I are in the process of growing our business and trying to tackle the teen/grad market. We had 10 teen girls lined up for this shoot on the beach and had a blast shooting them. Around 5:30 we headed over to Commercial Drive and met for a consult with a July bride and went over a lot of the details. Then Brooke and I went out for dinner at this great little Sushi place on Commercial and finally relaxed and chatted away.
The drive home tonight was so peaceful. The freeway was quiet, I guess because of the Canucks game and again, I had a lot of time to think. Although I am exhausted, it was good day. My allergies seem to have died down a bit and I am ready to dive into Lightroom and start culling pictures.

I hope you were able to enjoy the sun today.
much love,
larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment