Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ignorance is Bliss

Where did this week go? And how is it already Sunday afternoon and I am having to think about clean uniforms and school lunches already?

Both my babies are now in school full time and I seem to have no trouble filling my days. It's great. I am loving this time in my life.

With the kiddos in school, my runs can now happen in the morning (which works out great since races all seem to be in the morning) and I can shower and get on with the rest of my day.

Friday night was a typical fall evening (I know tchnically it's stil summer) but the cool crispness of the night was begging for me to come out and play. It was 7:45 when I decided to lace up my runners and go for a run. I wasn't sure how far I was going to go, all I knew was that it was a beautiful night, it had been a crazy week, and I needed to get out there and just be.

In more recent months I haven't been plugged in when I run. No music, just the sounds of nature.. and cars. But on this particular evening I felt like cranking the tunes and zoning out. It was a fabulous run. I felt great, energized and full of life.

So yesterday I'm talking with some fellow Augustonians and apparently there is a cougar in the area, and not the 40 yr old ones looking for younger meat... a real cougar. It was spotted the night before my run on the corner of McKee and Blauson, and then again the day of my run. Ummm hello? Coyotes... fine, bears, make me a wee bit nervous, but a cougar?

Anyway, here I am, in one piece, thanking God for watching over me that night.

So, if you are from around here and you run around here, be careful!

Much love,

larajane

1 comment:

  1. 40 year old looking for younger BAHAHAHAHA I love you...don't get eaten ok

    ReplyDelete