Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Confession time

Okay, seriously I have this weird little addiction. I am in love with cookbooks. If you know me, you know I do not cook. Well, I cook, but not big fancy meals that are presented in cookbooks. I would love to cook, like the big fancy meals in the cookbooks, but for some reason, I just never make the time.

Every year I write on my "resolution" list that I am going to learn to cook, and every year I don't. So this year, I didn't set it as a resolution in hopes that perhaps maybe I will cook!

I took this cookbook out of the library yesterday, just to see if I liked it. I had been to friends house last week and noticed she had it in her kitchen all on display. She is an amazing cook, so I knew it had to be good if she used it! It's called The Barefoot Contessa at Home. I love it. The pictures, the writing, and the recipes look sooooo yummy! I was then at Costco today, low and behold, they have 3 more of her books there! Ohhh, I was tempted. I stood there poring over each one wondering which one would be the cookbook that will change my life and make me a fabulous cook. I realized it wasn't the actual cookbook that would make me wonderful, so I put them down. And walked away. Without one. I still have the one from the library that El and I spent nearly an hour this evening going through.

One day. I will cook you a fabulous meal.

Okay, maybe just a dessert, or fancy sandwich.

Much love
larajane

1 comment:

  1. Just made the Homemade Granola Bars yesterday from this FANTASTIC book. I have three of hers and it's a lifegoal to someday own EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I love the Barefoot Contessa. Also fantab from this one are Mustard Roasted Fish, Parmesan and Thyme Crackers (!), Mango Banana Daiquiris, Tuscan Lemon Chicken, and the Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits. This woman isn't for the feint of heart in a fat sense, though! I save her more for special occasions. I'd better stop before I humiliate myself with all this gushing! Big Love,

    ReplyDelete