Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day and Opportunities

Happy Earth Day! The sun has just come out from behind some thunderous dark clouds and is now shining it's light over our beautiful city. I just put some pumpkin cookies in the oven, but once they are done I will be outside playing in my garden. I hope you all get a chance to get out today, breathe deeply, and enjoy our earth.

Since we are on the topic of our planet, I wanted to talk a bit about a fabulous documentary I watched this past weekend called The Cove. Oh, how I wish this had come out 16 years ago. In high school my dream was to become a marine biologist and save dolphins as well as other sea life from being hunted and going extinct. Anyway, this film was about a team of activists, filmmakers and divers whose mission was to uncover a horrific tragedy that was happening in a cove off the coast of Japan. Thousands of dolphins were being slaughtered for food or captured to be sold to Sea Parks around the world. It was a deeply moving film that has once again made my heart hurt for these magnificent wild animals.

Okay, now onto opportunities...
Life has been crazy these past couple of weeks. Good crazy. I have had a few opportunities presented to me that has really made me rethink how I want my life to unfold. Some have been easy decisions, but there are a couple I am struggling with. Neither of these are super life changing, I don't think, but then that's what stumps me, maybe they could be! I need some time to ponder.

much love,
~larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment