Monday, April 12, 2010

The eve of 32

I realize turning 32 is not a very monumental milestone in one's life, but I can't help but to think back over this past year and reflect. It has definitely had it's ups and downs. I have learned a lot about friendship, marriage, and God. I believe I am a stronger person in some aspects, but I also feel I am a weaker person as well. I know life has it's peaks and valleys, and I believe I have been in both places this past year, which for me is different. I have always been a very steady, rather unemotional person, who gaurds herself from hurt, but while doing this, I end up never really "feeling." This past year I have felt. I have really, really felt. I have felt complete bliss as well as an overwhelming amount of sadness. I have felt so very distant from God, and I have also felt so very close to Him. I am learning that it is through these chapters in our lives that we grow. We grow to love more, we grow to want more out of life, and there is such a desperation in that, that we can't help but have faith and just go for it.

I have learned that life is way to short to not live it to it's fullest. Life is too short to not take chances, to have faith, and to love others.

I am looking forward to being 32. I am looking forward to the many adventures that are in store for me.

I came across this quote a couple of weeks ago, and I just can't seem to get it out of my mind.

"We have the idea that God is leading us towards a particular end of a desired goal, but He is not... What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the GOAL itself. His purpose is the process."
-Oswald Chambers
~larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment