Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello Sunshine!

For the past few mornings I have been getting up early and taking Hannah for a walk. I've really enjoyed the quiteness of these early mornings. Watching the sun come up over the mountains, the light fog woven throughout the tall trees, and the dew drops sparkling as the sun hits them makes me so thankful for where I live. Joel and I toss around the idea of moving every now and then. We sometimes think it might be nice to get into a newer home, or even better, design and build our own. A bigger yard would also be nice, but at the end of the day we always come back to location. We have no one in front of us and no one behind us. We live on a quiet street where the kids can go to the park as they please. But above all of this, being nestled into the mountains, surrounded by great trails, and the solitude of being away from the "city" is what makes Auguston so hard to leave.

This last week I have spent many hours in the backyard working on the garden. I went to the nursery one morning and loaded up on bedding plants, a heather, and other small plants. I also created another garden running all along the west side of the yard. On Friday I went out to Chilliwack and got a yard of topsoil and spent the afternoon distributing throughout the yard. I LOVE the smell of fresh soil and filling my gardens with it. Hopefully the sun will stay out this week and I will be able to plant my vegetables. I have strawberries from last year already blooming as well as rhubarb beginning to look pretty good.

One more random... The Canucks. Really, I think the Canucks GM needs to give me season's tickets. Every game I've ever gone to, the Canucks have ended up winning. It's true.
Connor and I before the game the other night.

Enjoy the sun and the Canucks!

much love,
~larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment