Sunday, April 25, 2010

This has been an active week for me. I have run nearly 40 ks, done 2 days of bootcamp, spent numerous hours in the garden digging and shoveling soil, and have endured some pretty late nights. To say the least, I am exhausted. Fortunatly my two ball games were rained out yesterday.

Last night Joel had a big fancy Gala at the Bayshore. It was quite the event. It was black tie, so all the men wore tuxes or dark suits and the women were dressed to the nine's! (whatever that means. I always remember my Nana saying it though) Joel was up for an award, but unfortunatly didn't win, although his company won an award for some big project. The food was amazing. The salad was super yummy with red wine pears, walnuts, goat cheese, baby greens, and cucumbers. Since I have gone off dairy, I am able to tolerate salads so much better now! The main course was lamb, which I didn't partake in, but enjoyed the roasted veggies. Everything was presented so beautifully!

We stayed the night at the Bayshore, so my walk back wasn't too long and painful in heels. I am so not heels girl. Actually I am very excited about my new pair of Keen's I got yesterday, I was dreaming about their comfyness last night. This morning Joel and I ran 6.5 k around the seawall and after grabbed coffee and smoothies at Starbucks. I can't believe the weekend is over already!

This week promises to be busy again with Bootcamp and photoshoots. I have a super fun shoot set up in West Vancouver for most of the day Tuesday and another on Friday. Hopefully the weather holds.

I hope y'all found this to be a relaxing and fun weekend! Now to go and cheer on our Canucks!

much love,
larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment