Monday, December 27, 2010

bags for runners

Another wonderful Christmas has come and gone. This year was a bit different for us, as we had relatives from Toronto come out and celebrate with us. This lovely family includes two little girls roughly the same ages as my two, so it was quite the treat for my kiddos to have other children to play with.

Another tidbit of change was my brother announced he and his girlfriend are engaged! We are so excited and happy for them. Both my brothers now are engaged and it will be a joyous year of weddings!

So yesterday was Boxing Day. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I like shopping. And shopping on boxing day has always been a bit of a tradition. Certainly not a tradition my parents instilled in me, but when I was a teen I would go into the city and wait in lines with my cousin, hoping to find a great "deal." This year as Christmas and Boxing day drew closer, I found myself not the slightest bit interested in going shopping on Boxing Day. I'm not sure if it was the abundance of "stuff" that I don't need that is constantly being advertised and pushed in my face that turned me off. Perhaps it was craving the simplicity of life that did it. After a few crazy, (but fabulous days) I really felt the desire to get out and find some solitude. So I laced up my running shoes, donned my new Lululemon running gear, and headed out on that misty, gray morning. I logged 16kms yesterday morning running through farmlands and enjoying the winter scape that surrounded me.

This week we have evenings planned with family and friends, days of tubing and skiing, but most importantly, we have this week as a family.

I feel so blessed this holiday season for the health, comfort, and loving family that surrounds me.

I am taking a few days away from the computer, so enjoy this week and the remnants of 2010. I'll be back in the new year!

Much love,

larajane

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and happy New Year! I miss seeing you every day. I'm feeling a LaraJane withdrawal. Can you come for coffee one morning the first week back? I'm wide open for that week. Lemme know. :)

    ReplyDelete