Saturday, December 4, 2010

hot chocolate giggles

Isn't it funny how everyone always talks about the weather? Instinctively, I always want to start my blog posts off by talking about what is going on outside. It's either freeeeezing, or so hot, or wet, damp, beautiful, clear, crisp... okay, you get the idea.

So now that the subject of weather is done, I can move on to other topics that no one seems to be discussing, like Christmas! I was trying to explain sarcasm to my 8 year old the other day, and for someone who is a wee bit on the sarcastic side, I couldn't come up with a good example, maybe I will let her read this post.

So, Christmas. I love this time of year. So many wonderful memories growing up. So many fun traditions. I feel so blessed to be creating such traditions for my children right now.

One thing I love is making hot chocolate and treats for my kiddos after they have been outside playing in the cold. I snapped these pics last week when we had snow. I love listening to their conversations and feeling the excitement in the air as they discuss their Christmas wish lists. Ahhh, to be a child again. I have to say though, being a mom to such wonderful children is far more of a blessing than I could have ever dreamed. Hug your kiddos tight tonight and tell them how much you love them, they are never too old or cool to hear it.

Much love,
Larajane



No comments:

Post a Comment