Monday, December 6, 2010

the balancing act

My days have always been fairly scheduled. I like schedules. I need schedules! Once I had kids my days were wide open! Except, they weren't. They were actually incredibly scheduled. Feedings, diaper changes, naps, play time, groceries, meal prep. baths etc. My kids became toddlers and I began a business. This was a little crazy. I would be with the kids all day and learning and editing all night. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't exercising, and I was exhausted. Burned out. As the kids got older and I became more efficient at editing and learned what worked and what didn't on the business end of things, life got easier.

And then September came. Both of my kiddos were in school, all day. I would come home after dropping them off wondering what I was going to do for the next 6 hours? And tomorrow? The possibilities were endless! All of a sudden I really didn't have a schedule. But I needed one.

So now as I write this entry, we are in December, and I think I ave finally found a good balance. I know in my day I need to set aside enough time to work at my business, clean, exercise, cook, and be the kind of friend, wife, mother, and daughter God wants me to be.

Much love,
Larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment