Wednesday, January 11, 2012

church

It was a day I had been dreading for months.

It was a rush, almost a panic leaving the house this cold and dreary Sunday morning.

We found a parking spot in a an unfamiliar parking lot.

We entered through unfamiliar doors.

Change.

Smiles. People. A lot of people. Confusion.

I wanted out. I wanted to run as fast as I could back to my comfort, the place I had called home for the past six years.

I gave my children's information. I received information. My children were whisked away. A lump in my throat formed as I mourned the thought of not worshipping together as a family this morning.

We found seats among friends. Familiarity. Comfort.

"Out of the darkness you shine, out of the ashes we rise."

I love this song. I run to this song. Tears pricked my eyes.

"there's no one like you, none like you."

So many people. How can I possibly get to know all these people? And I know there are so many more...

I started thinking. What is church?

Family. Intimacy. Loving. Sharing. Living. Experiencing God's grace together. His love.

So thankful for friends and family who have come alongside us on this journey.

So thankful for God who will meet us anywhere, whether it's in a large church, or a small group of people getting together in a home.

So thankful that God has a wonderful place for our family. That He will bring many amazing people into our lives. And that He is with us always, even in these hard times.

May you experience the wonders of God this week... and share it.

Much love,
larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment