Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{clocks}

My grandfather died a year and a half ago. Besides many wonderful memories, he also left a few of his earthly possessions for us, as his family to enjoy. One of those being a digital alarm clock. Now this isn't just any digital alarm clock, this was probably the first digital alarm clock...ever.

This beauty is now on display in my 7 year old son's bedroom. In all of it's red digital glowing wonder, it still works perfectly, or so I thought.

As we were driving home today, my son says out of the blue, "Mom, I need a new clock in my room." I proceeded to ask him the obvious question of why he thought such things, and he simply replied "time goes by too fast on it."

A mix of sadness, joy, and peace came over me as I pondered his little statement. I told him, yes, time does go by too fast, but it isn't your clock, it's just life.

We have one life to make a difference in this world, to leave this place better than when we first arrived. Each day is a gift and so full of opportunities.

Thank you God for these eye openers, especially when I least expect them.

much love,
larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment