Monday, January 2, 2012

Eleuthera {Freedom}

2012
A new year breaks open and my canvas is blank.
For the paint has yet to be spread, and the ink has yet to form words.
The feeling of uncertainty is slightly overwhelming this day, but the hope I have in God over rides all fear and anxiety I am experiencing.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
This verse resonates through every fiber of my being this cool, damp morning.

I put on my running shoes.

I need to trust.
I need to obey.
I need to be faithful.

My hands are cold as I turn down the road past the mailboxes.

I need to forgive.
I need to pray.

I have yet to see a car drive past.

I need to love.

The road is wet, the fog is lifting.

I need Jesus.

This year I want to experience the freedom found only in Christ's love.

I have read a lot lately how people give each a year a "name."

I want this year to be a year of freedom. Eleuthera is the greek word often given to the word freedom. So I am naming 2012 Eleuthera. Here's to the year of freedom!

much love,
larajane



1 comment: