Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am in the farmlands, driving through rain.

I turn on the music. The noise is distracting and bothersome. I turn it off.

I have an overwhelming sense of peace come over me.

I think back to this morning when I was reminded of the story of how Samuel had anointed David at age 15. He was one of God's chosen. It wasn't until 22 years later David became king. 22 years of uncertainty, of not knowing when.

It's been 22 days since my job ended, since we left our church. It has been 22 days of "what now God?"

I glance up at a small chalkboard I have in our mudroom before leaving today. Months ago I had scribbled the verse, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." (Psalm 37:7) Little did I know then how meaningful that verse would be.

So I will wait.

For I know that God has me in this time in my life for a reason.

I know it. I feel it. I am so incredibly comforted by this knowledge.

Much love,
larajane


No comments:

Post a Comment