Monday, September 14, 2009

I finally know what I am!

So I was reading this running magazine yesterday morning with my coffee. I think I may actually me slightly addicted to theses mags because every time I finish reading one I feel the need to read more and more, like I can't get enough info. Anyway, so I was reading through this one magazine when I stumbled across an article called "The Ideal Runner's Diet."
Hmmm, perfect I thought; I need to know what a good running diet would consist of.

So the article began by talking about how many runners follow one of two philosophies. "You're either a carnivore or a vegetarian." I was like, shoot, I don't really like meat, but I'll eat it, although I secretly kind of wish I could call myself a vegetarian. Then the article went on to say that you can have the best of both worlds, and this is ideally what runner's should eat. Basically making plant foods (fruits, veggies, grain, and legumes) the mainstay of our meals, while still eating animal protein-just less of it. The person who follows this diet, actually has a name I discovered. They are called "flexitarians." Yes, flexitarians! I was sooo stoked to read that people like me actually have a label! Not that I like to be labeled, but this is a label I think I can live with. Actually, this is a label I am very excited about! And the best thing about being a flexitarian, is that it is the "ideal runner's diet!"

Anyway, just thought I would blog about how excited I am to be a flexitarian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment