Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday

I woke up yesterday to one of the most lovely surprises ever! It was around 7:30. I put on my slippers and a hoodie and walked downstairs. I kissed my kids good morning and proceeded into my office. I turned on my computer and opened the blinds. I was expecting to see a cold drizzly morning, but instead I saw this...

It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I had ever seen. Bright oranges, reds and golds, mixed with an opaque layer of fog. I knew I had to capture this. I only wish I could capture the whole feeling... the peacefulness, the cold crisp smell in the air, and the stillness. It made my day.

The sun and the fog didn't last very long. Unfortunately by the afternoon the rain had begun to fall, and I began to wonder how my original plan of running 10 km was going to unfold. I decided to do it anyway, I've been wanting to to do it for a long time and I am so glad I did. It felt so good, although I have to say I am a wee bit sore this morning. I want to do it again, like right now! Thanks for all the encouragement ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment