Friday, July 30, 2010

Fear

We have now been home for three days and I think my children have finally recovered from the trip.

We all had a wonderful time. So much was seen and and experienced, including some super fun rides at the amusement parks. I should clarify... I thought they were super fun rides. Both Connor and Elissa said they wanted to do the Hollywood Tower of Terror at California Adventure. We told them it was kind of scary and they may not like itl The line was super short and they seemed really keen. Well, once we got in there, buckled up and the first "drop" happened they were so freaked out. By the time we got out of there, both the kids were crying and shaking. Their trust in us seemd gone. We then proceeded to do Souring Over California, which is an amazing ride, but neither of the kids wanted to do it. We told them it wasn't scary at all. Elissa was good with it, but Connor again, cried through the whole thing.

I cannot seem to wrap my mind around where this fear comes from. Do they not know that Joel and I would never put them in danger? Don't they trust us as parents to take care of them? Doesn't Conor realize he is in more danger swimming in the big pool than on one of these rides? He doesn't. I know. I guess those kind of things have never scared me, so I don't understand.

Anyway, they did love Disneyland and California Adventure. Their favourite rides were the Tea Cups, Dumbo, the swings, and the Gadget roller coaster. Connor seemed to do really well on all the rides he could see from the outside. Perhaps he has a strong fear of the unknown... don't we all?

L

Here's Connor and I about to go on Peter Pan...even this one he shed a tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment