Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Randomness

I am sitting here on my front porch trying to cool off a bit from a run I did in way too much heat. I was convinced I was either going to die or puke... Fortunately neither occurred.
So here i am, sitting with my ice cold Gatorade thinking "what an odd neighbourhood we live in." Not odd bad, but odd different. I know you are probably thinking "she's just figuring tis out now?"
As I am sitting here, I am listening to adults laughing, children crying and dogs barking. There are probably numerous couples sitting on their back porch together enjoying a glass of wine and casually discussing their days. There is a couple walking their two dogs at the park, the same two dogs and the same couple do the same walk at the same time every day. I suppose we are creatures of habit.
Every morning we all get into our cars and head off in different directions. We go on to lead a life that doesn't necessarily involve anyone else in our community. Then at five o clock, we all get into our cars again, this time perhaps stopping at the grocery store to pick some last minute dinner items or to pick up our children from daycare. The "gates" have opened and we are all back where we started.
So what makes us different than other suburban communities? I suppose this is where my thoughts originated. As I was looking around, I felt surrounded by houses and then mountains blanketed in trees. Absolutely beautiful really. The thought of them ever building up on those mountains terrifies me. I literally feel like we've been dropped in this bowl on a random mountain and left to fend for ourselves. Of ourselves i am being extremely dramatic, but really, what happened to our developers? What happened to our supposed community centre, and the stores and the middle school?
Anyway, just the ramblings of a sweaty, dehydrated runner.
Enjoy the heat and the sun.
Much love
Lara





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment