Monday, August 23, 2010

Freedom

In last 24 hours I have run 24 ks. I think that almost totals the # of k's I've run all summer!

Tonight I headed out on a 12k route that I had scouted out a week or so ago. It was a flat run that meandered through a park and endless fields of grain.

I grew up in the country and I have to say that I am a country girl at heart. There are times I lust over the bright lights and the constant buzz of city living, but in the end, it's the peace and solitude of the country that feeds my soul.

I began my 12k at 7:45 tonight. It somehow escaped me that the days have been getting shorter and it is no longer light until 10:00pm. By 8:45 I was in complete darkeness. Surrounded by farmers fields and the mountains I felt such a freedom. The air was so pure and fresh, the full moon was rising, and I felt like I could go forever. I had the company of a good friend and the kms seemed to run themselves.

I've gone back and forth on whether I want to do a half marathon. Yes, I would love to do one, but why? I love running for me. I love how it clears the cobwebs of my mind and how it gives me focus. I love the freedom I feel when I run. So to train or not to train. I am still undecided. All I know is tonight was an awesome night and I feel so blessed to live where I live.

Much love,

larajane

1 comment:

  1. Do it. You'll love the challenge and the feeling of accomplishment you get when you finish.

    ReplyDelete