Friday, August 13, 2010

Why do I do such things?

So business has been crazy awesome this summer. God has continually blessed me with fabulous shoots, clients, and new opportunities.

So why, why oh why, did I decide two months ago I needed a new website? I will tell you... Joel had been away on work for at least a week and I was home quietly working away while the kids slept. When Joel goes away I tend to stay up way laer than usual, since I don't want to have to lie in bed and worry about every little sound. I want to fall asleep...fast! Soooo, here I was in the late (or possible early) hours thinking, "I need a change. I need a new look for Red Wagon Photography. I know, I NEED a new website!"

And since we live in a day of instant gratification and we can get anything at anytime we want with a few clicks of the mouse, within 20 minutes I had chosen a new template and did the big switcharoo! I worked on the site for the next two or three nights, thinking all was good, this is nearly done, blah, blah, blah. Well, Joel came home. School was finishing up. Holidays were on the horizon, oh and we had 5 weddings to shoot. Right. So here I am, two months later, with my "new" site almost done (just need a to write little something about myself, which I loathe doing) and then I can go live.

Oh, but wait, since this brainwave I've had other ideas, other thoughts about my business. I've seen that perhaps a website isn't the coolest thing on the block anymore. Websites are so 2002, now Blogsites are all the rage. So do I nix all the work I put into this new site and skip it all together and go straight to the Blogsite? (Which I believe will be a bit of a learning curve for me)

Oh yeah, and my business name. Thinking of changing it. I know, after 5 years and a new $300 sign on order. I have reasons though.. big reasons! I'll save that for another post.

Okay, just my little vent for this inferno of a day.

Peace out and much love to y'all!

Lj

No comments:

Post a Comment