Saturday, August 28, 2010

on being sick

This week has been kind of icky for me. I don't often get sick, but when I do, it never seems to be a simple cold or flu.

What started off on Tuesday to be a little stomach bug, quickly turned into days of retching and a massive infection that nearly had me in the hospital. Thankfully, my fever is down this morning, and my appetite has somewhat returned.

Solitude. Sometimes being sick can be a blessing in disguise. How often do we give ourselves an excuse to lie in bed all day and just read and sleep? Although I felt like I was knocking on death's door, being sick forced me to slow down and let day to day chores go. And after a whirlwind of a summer, I think this is exactly what I needed.

Unforunatly, J and I had plans to spend the night in Vancouver last night and do some shopping on Robson this morning. He had booked us a night downtown at the Hyatt and we were to go on a dinner cruise last night. Since it was a work related event and J had to go to the India Consulate this morning, he went alone. We had already made arrangements for my parents to take the kids overnight, so I was left to recuperate. It has been nearly 24 hours since I saw my family and I cannot wait to have them all back here.

I am feeling rested, although still very weak, and rejuvinated. I have made a list of all the things I want to get donw in September and I am feeling ready for this new season to begin.

Enjoy your weekend,

much love
larajane

No comments:

Post a Comment