Wednesday, October 13, 2010

life

I have been a really bad blogger of late. This blog, my business blog, facebook, twitter... all of it has been severely neglected.

I love that we have the avenues of social media to connect, but sometimes life gets so overwhelming that I feel the need to withdraw and let life go by without me always throwing in my two cents.

Last week was a super hard week. My little guy is really struggling with first grade and I've been called in to talk with the teacher three times now. I am at a loss. Do I pull him and homeschool? Do I try and get him in to a different class? Is the teacher overreacting?

I had to leave for LA on Thursday morning. The night before my son lay in bed sobbing and begging me not to leave. The next morning as I dropped him off at school we were both a mess of tears. Before heading to the airport a group of friends gathered around me and prayed for Connor and I. I drove to the airport with tears flowing. I was sad and worried for Connor, but I was also so touched with the love and compassion my friends shared with me. I felt so truly blessed to have amazing friends who would be willing to walk and pray with me through this trial.

My trip was a blur. It was super warm, sunny, lovely, relaxing, challenging, exciting and fun. It was a great break from reality and in the end, is probably exactly what I needed. I came home last night to my wonderful family. So many hugs and kisses. It turns out they did survive without me, and Connor even had a good few days at school.

Although I missed out this Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, my beautiful children, my family, and the amazing girlfriends God has brought into my life. God is so good.

I hope you all enjoyed your turkey dinners and pumpkin pies :-)

much love,

larajane

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there should be such a thing as a "bad blogger". Your blog is something you created which means you're in control! Nobody can tell you when you should blog, how much you should blog or what you should blog about. That's the beauty of it! It's yours. It's there when you need it to be! The rest we'll discuss over coffee...

    ReplyDelete