Sunday, March 13, 2011

Confession time...again

I like to think of myself as somewhat of an ecoholic.

I plant my own vegetable garden, I try to buy organically and locally as much as possible. I use cloth shopping bags often, okay, when I remember them, I compost, as well as a few other eco friendly things. But when it comes to laundry, I just can't seem to go green.

I have a love/hate relationship with laundry. Mostly hate, but I do love fresh smelling, warm out of the dryer clothes. I also love Tide laundry detergent. I've tried the Eco friendly stuff from Costco, but nothing beats the fresh scent of Tide. I am also in love with Downy fabric softener. I've bought the dryer balls, but it's just not the same! My kiddos now play games with them. I also love washing my clothes in warm water, not cold. Sometimes, even hot water.

I did however, purchase a new high efficiency washer and dryer this past fall. And I. love. them.

When the weather warms up I do plan on putting up my clothes line again, despite what my neighbours think. There, I feel better already.

Happy spring break!


2 comments:

  1. Spring cleaning must be in the air! I *just* posted about how I gave up my obsession with downey fabric softener coupled with not one, but TWO dryer sheets. I loved the smell. Then I did some reading. The facts were enough to deter me. I'm down to one dryer sheet and a bit of vinegar in the wash. I couldn't quit everything cold turkey!

    Happy Spring Break to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a clothesline and it was my very favorite thing about my old house. I know some people think they're trashy, but to me, they embody summertime family life. I used to put my Littles' sweet cotton diapers up on it and just the sight of it was almost enough to bring tears to my eyes. I love that sunshiney smell that I just can't replicate.

    I, too, am gradually eliminating products from our repertoire that I find are bad for our bodies. Don't you hate when you find something you've been using for years is a major carcinogen?

    ReplyDelete