Wednesday, March 2, 2011

what have I done?

This thought process all began around two months ago when Joel and I were very seriously considering putting our house up for sale. What we thought at the time was a great opportunity, turned out to be something that in the end, really wasn't our dream. It's all good. We are very happy to be staying where we are. For now.

With that being said, I began to think of the possibility of "what if"? What if our dream house happens to go up for sale and we want it? Is our house ready to go on the market? For the most part it is. But as we began to think about this we realized there were a few things that needed to be done. One of which, is filling the dings in our walls on the main floor and touching up the paint. Last week I filled everything in, sanded down, and yesterday proceeded to go ahead and buy the same colour paint (straw hat from Benjamin Moore, if anyone is interested) as I had 6 years ago.

My goal was to go around and touch up all the areas that needed it. So that is what I spent my afternoon doing. By dinner, it became glaringly obvious that the straw hat I was using to touch up, was a bit darker than the straw hat I had painted 6 years ago. My little touch up job has turned into something much larger.

So as I sit here, looking over my main floor that has been turned upside down with drop cloths, pictures that have been taken off the walls, and a ladder, I am left feeling a little overwhelmed. I never thought being in a bit of a mess would bother me, since I lived liked that when my kids were younger, but it does seem to cause me a bit of distress. I suppose I am much more like my mom in that way than I thought :-)

Happy Wednesday.

much love,

larajane


No comments:

Post a Comment