Thursday, March 10, 2011

There is something special

about this guy.


He caught my eye when I was in grade eight. We were at the Aldergrove ice rink. He had a Minnesota North Stars hockey jersey on , I donned a Chicago Blackhawks jersey. He was tall and had the cutest dimple when he smiled. He was also much older than I, or at least that is how it seemed to a 13 year old. I remember him skating up to me
and questioning my choice of jersey. I questioned his.

Four years later, after he had graduated high school, he asked me out while we were sitting in his '76 Mustang in my driveway. I was elated.

We have been married for nearly 13 years now, and although we have had our bumps along the way, my love for him grows a little bit more with each passing day. He gets me. He gets my quirks. We laugh a lot and come up with crazy little nicknames for each other.

He is also an amazing father, a strong leader in our
church, and I can now say the top consulting engineer in BC. He is so hard working and dedicated to all that he does.

I am so blessed.



1 comment:

  1. You do realize that he's got a pretty good thing going in you too, right!
    Beautiful, creative woman who is a fabulous mom, amazing photographer, and just plain ol' fun?

    I love that he asked you out in a mustang. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete