Monday, January 4, 2010

goal #1

So in keeping with my goals for this year, I decided to try a little something different for dinner tonight.

I went to Lepp Farm Market, which I must say, they do a really good job at presenting meat. Even I was getting a little excited about it. So I picked up a roast for dinner. I have only ever done a roast in the crock pot, but I was once told that they are better when roasted in the oven. So I thought I would give it a shot.

First I had to find a roasting pan, which I didn't think I had, but as it turns out I had somehting that would do the job. I cut 8 slices into the beast and filled them with garlic. Wow, that was a lot of garlic!. I brushed some olive oil on it and salt and peppered it a bit. Stuck it in for 30 minutes at a higher heat and then left it for 2.5 hours on a much lower heat. And volia! I cooked a tasty little roast. I also did some roasted veggies and made the best gravy ever! Well the best gravy I had ever made. From the beef drippings and everything!

How could I not take pictures of this momentous occasion? I actually couldn't believe I was taking pictures of cooked meat, but I did!





No comments:

Post a Comment