Sunday, January 3, 2010

Juicy juice

I have this great book called Super Juice; juicing for health and healing. My mom gave it to me, or maybe she just lent it to me, but I have really been enjoying reading all about the tremendous health benefits. There are so many diiferent recipes I want to try but right now, one of my favourites is called the "rainbow cocktail."
It includes:
2 oranges
1 lemon
1 lime
1 pink grapefruit

This little cocktail is super rich in vitamin C and A. Contains some potassium and calcium.
"The acidity of all these citrus-fruit juices helps remove some of the unwanted bacteria from the digestive tract and encourages the growth of beneficial probiotic bacteria."

They also say this is a great drink if you are doing a cleanse or if you have a hangover! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment