Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well here we are in 2010. A decade has passed since the big Y2K media blitz. I have heard a lot of people say recently that they can't believe ten years has gone by already. I am not one of them. So much has happened this past decade, that it seems more like 15 or 20 years has gone by. 10 years ago, we had just moved back from New Brunswick and were living on West 44th in Vancouver. I had just started working at St Andrew's Childcare Centre in Burnaby and Joel was just finishing his first semester at UBC. I was 21. Wow, that seems so young! In ten years we have moved 4 times, had two children, and I started my own business. It is hard to imagine what life will be like in another 10 years. But God has been faithful and has blessed us immensely.

As for New Year's resolutions I can't say I have any really. I have goals. A lot of goals, but resolutions seem to have a way of not happening.

I started running exactly one year ago. I hadn't run since Elissa was a baby, so I pretty much was starting from scratch. My first night out running I did 6 laps around our little park. I'm not sure how far that is, but I would venture to say it may be around 1 km. I did my first race, a 5km one in May. This year I plan on doing a 10 km race and maaaaybe a half marathon in the fall, but I may save that goal for 2011.

I also really want to cook. I want to try new recipes and really embrace good food. Although I got a juicer for Christmas, which I am loving, and it seems all to easy to throw in all my fresh fruit and veggies into this thing and just live on fresh juice.

Okay, another goal is my garden. I want a fabulous garden this year. Lots of fruit and veggies, beautiful flowers and just a really well maintained yard.

And my final goal is expanding my business. I did an all day websummit earlier this week where I learned soooo much about marketing. I am feeling very inspired to take my business up a notch.

I have a feeling 2010 will be a challenging but good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment