Friday, January 22, 2010

putting it all out there

For most of my life I've played it pretty safe. Rarely, if ever going out of my comfort zone, as well as hardly ever taking risks. I've been thinking about this a lot recently and asking my self why? The pat answer is obvious: fear. Obviously I am scared of failing. Nobody wants to be a failure, but I am now beginning to realize if I don't step out and take some risks I may be holding myself back. Back from greater things in life. I've always liked this quote by Wayne Gretzky, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

I want to grow and stretch myself. I want to do things I didn't think I could do. I think about running a half marathon a lot, but I always have this voice in my head that says I wont be able to do it. What if I fail? What if my time is horrible, or I have to walk some... Today I am in a very "who cares" mood. Who cares if my time is horrible or I have to walk. I should be doing this for me, not for anyone else. So I will step out and sign up for a half marathon. Maybe not this spring, as I barely have 10 km under my belt, but perhaps this fall. I will do one.

I've also thought a lot of about stretching myself as an artist and with my business. I want to learn. I want to soak up new techniques of shooting, try new things in Photoshop, and really put myself out there as a business. I am in the process of registering for a 3 day photography conference in March. It will be super intense, but I also hope to come out of it with a renewed passion.

Well if you've stuck with my ramblings this far, thank you.

~Lj

No comments:

Post a Comment