Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday morning

It's hard to believe this week is nearly over! Every day has been jammed pack with little out of the ordinary things. Swimming lessons, car repairs (more car repairs today :-(, more swimming lessons today, groceries, volunteering at Gleaners, going our for lunch with friends, coffee with friends, running, yoga, care group... It's been good, but I have also been wanting to get out in my garden. I bought some Dahlia bulbs yesterday that I am dying to plant. I LOVE Dahlias, probably one of my favourite flowers, but I don't get to enjoy their beauty until the fall.

Yes the fall. I have been struggling thinking about the fall. In six short months both the kiddos will be in school full time. I have been so looking forward to this for years, but now that it is just around the corner, I am beginning to fear that I will be lacking purpose in life. I know this sounds a wee bit extreme, but I have been a full time mom for the past 8 years, and not that I won't be come September, it's just that the kid's won't need me like they once did.

I like to keep busy, and I'm not sure how busy my business will keep me. The fall will be fine, since that is my craziest time, but come next January I think I will be bored. There are only so many rooms in my house I can re-do, only so many runs and yoga I can do, and my new hobby of crocheting has not gone as well as I had hoped. So my conundrum... do I get a mindless part time job where I can go and be social (Starbucks?) or do I volunteer somewhere? I've talked about how I have a love/hate relationship with change. This year I have gone through many hard changes, and I still am. I know these changes shape me as a person, so who knows where I'll be in the fall. Life could be oh so different. I like to have plans in place, but I am learning that sometimes plans change and I need to embrace that. So I guess only time will tell. I do know I will be enjoying my Dahlias though :)

This weekend looks like it's going to be fabulously beautiful. I'm taking the kid's downtown tomorrow with my mom, Saturday I have a shoot in Fort Langley and a good long run planned.

May your weekend be full of sunshine, peace and happiness!

~Lj

Oh, and in case any of you forgot, it was Luc Robitaille's birthday yesterday. I'm sure y'all celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment