Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh fudge...

Personally it has always irked me when people have said this, but I thought it suited today's blog title.

I remember my mom doing a lot of Christmas baking, cooking and entertaining this time of year. Two of my favourite treats she made were Peanut Butter Balls and fudge. The peanut butter balls were creamy balls of peanut butter covered in a dark yummy chocolate... so good, but took days to make! The fudge, also very yummy, but didn't seem to require the same time commitment.
So today, I made fudge. With a candy thermometer and everything!

Things I learned:

*You need to be very patient. Standing at the stove for almost an hour stirring and watching the thermometer creep up ever so slowly can be very painful, especially if patience isn't one of your virtues.

*Being splatted by hot, boiling candy on the hand, numerous times, really hurts! It actually sticks to your hand... continually burning!

*Fudge is made up of nothing healthy. Pure sugar.

Well,that is my ramble on fudge. I also made tons of shortbread, so much simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment