Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend away

On Friday night I headed down to the States for a Women's Retreat. It was so great and it felt so needed. I spent my time connecting with women, learning about my spiritual gifts and how to use them, eating yummy food that I didn't have to cook or cleanup after, laughing, playing games, shopping and I even got in a 7 am run!

We did different "inventory" worksheets to help us discover our gifts. My highest ranked gift turns out to be Encouragement, with Administration close behind. We also did another inventory thing that told us what "colour" we were. These were the colours and what they represent... can you guess which one I am?

GOLD: Ruled by the clock: efficient, time conscious, detailed person, organized, structured, goal oriented

GREEN: Ruled by the mind: intellectual,thoughtful, reasoning, reflective

ORANGE: Ruled by the moment: spontaneous, energetic, active, perpetual motion, risk taker

BLUE: Ruled by the heart: personal, people oriented, warm, friendly, good eye contact

No person is one pure colour - we all have these traits to a varying degree and mixes. A person tends to be stronger in one or two colours than in the others. Most people express their strongest colour in positive, comfortable situations, but move to their second colour when under stressful or challenging conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment