Sunday, November 8, 2009

To IPhone or not to IPhone

that is the question. I have dreamt about having an IPhone now for the last year or so, but b/c I am in a plan with Bell I have to wait until next year when my 3 year contract comes up. Or at least I thought I did, until now... Bell has now taken on the IPhone and I could easily switch over. When I first heard about this I was very excited and thought of it as a no brainer, but as I am reading more and more about simplifying life and I am seriously rethinking it.

Do I really want to have access to e-mail all the time? Do I want my clients to think I am at their beck and call? Do I want to be one of those people who is busy texting/e-mailing while waiting at a red light? No, not really. Do I need to waste more of my time downloading and playing with cool apps while on the go? No. This does not sound like simplifying my life, it sounds like it would create more distraction away from what is really important. Not to mention my phone bill would at least double every month, which I really cannot justify.

So for now... I am holding off on the IPhone... maybe one day when I grow up and have a super busy business that requires me to be in more contact with clients I will reconsider. But for now, I enjoy getting back to clients when I'm ready :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment