Monday, November 16, 2009

rain & wind

I went out last night. With Hannah. Just her and I. It was cold, windy, and rainy. As I was walking I was remembering the warm summer nights I would walk her. The sun would be setting, the coolness of dusk was refreshing after a hot day, it was nice, really nice. I was wishing I could go back, back to the warmth. But alas, we live in a part of the world where we experience four seasons. Thankfully we do, because I can now really appreciate the beauty of summer nights.

I continued walking in the dark and rain. There is something soothing about the rain and darkness. No one can really see me, and the although the rain is cool against my face, it's nice. It was even a bit foggy which always adds a bit of drama to the street lights reflecting in the puddles.

So tonight I will run in the dark and possibly the rain... without a wet dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment