Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend fun

Wow. It has been quite the exciting and exhausting weekend. Friday night Brooke came and spent the night. We were up until 1:00 going over our plan for Saturday's wedding as well as general fun photography talk. We left here at 11:00 am Sat. morning and headed into Chilliwack. One thing I learned about myself this week is I am soooo bad with directions! You would not believe the number of google maps I had printed out. We had four locations to be at and I was sure that with a little help from my maps I would be fine. I was very wrong. Needless to say, we ended up being where we needed to be...on time at that! We shot in the rain, we shot in low light and we shot in the dark. Not exactly ideal. It was a long day. I got home around 9:00 that night. The house was peaceful. The kids were at my in laws for the night and Joel was in Vancouver for his company Christmas party. I had endles hours of editing to myself. The problem was, was that by 11:30 my eyes could not stay open and my body ached.

Yesterday I attmpted a run in the morning, but my body still ached and was very tired. I ran, but it didn't feel good :(

At 1:00 I had a shoot at the Stave Lake Powerhouse. It was a photographer's birthday and he had invited 5 of us (all photographers) to do a vintage 1920's era industrial shoot. He had arranged for the location, three models, stylists, hair and makeup artists. It was very cool, but wow, I have a lot to learn! I had never done a shoot like this before. It was fun but challenging.
On a side note, I got a wee bit lost going to the shoot as well... not reeeeally my fault since they had closed the road that my google map told me to go on!
After the shoot, 4 of us went out for coffee and talked shop fpr hours! It was another great day, but exhausting! I feel like I didn't see my family at all this weekend! But Chritsmas is coming, so things will slow down a bit.

Here is a favourite from the wedding and one from yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment