Friday, November 13, 2009

Yay for inspiration!

With my photo shoots coming to an end I have found myself craving other creative outlets. On Wednesday I went to Vancouver with a friend and we did the big Circle Craft Fair at Canada Place. It was so not what I had imagined! No little hokey painted woods signs here... there were amazing designers from all over Canada who were selling clothing, jewellery, pottery, soaps, and tons of other really neat things.
It was so inspiring seeing what others have come up with and how they are making a living off of doing what they love. Although I do find it really hard paying for something that I think I can make myself. Sooooo...
I have begun a knitting project. I've been wanting to start something for a bit now, but after seeing knitted scarves being sold for $130, I thought, huh, I think I could do it for $10. Of course that's not including the hours of labour. But I really do enjoy knitting and find it a great way to relax.

Enjoy our crazy weather!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment